Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Food Failures: Eat at Your Own Risk

I hate to give the impression that what I serve to my family is always wonderful, healthful, and tasty.  In that spirit, I give you the following:

What is it, you may ask?  I don't really know. 

Here is the back story:  This day I was battling a headache, and my creative juices and energy were at an all time low.  So this is was I came up with.  It's ground beef, onion, celery, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, and broccoli.  The main ingredient causing problems was the excessive amount of potatoes.  I figured that if I shred them, like hash browns, they might cook faster.  As it was cooking, it simply turned to mush!  Peanut was helping me in the kitchen and was having fun seeing this horrible looking concoction come together.  Or maybe the fun part was mommy's reaction to the whole thing! 

In the end, those children who chose to reject my new creation were, on this ONE occasion, allowed to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if they wanted.  These children of mine know that if they are allowed to have something other than what I make for dinner, it is only because mommy thinks dinner is pretty terrible.

So those of you who are just itching to get their hands on this recipe, let me know in the comments box, and I will be happy to pass on this work of art to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment