Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Food in the Home

Grilled Chicken & Brown Rice and Spinach Salad
Brown Rice and Spinach Salad
(courtesy of Everyday Food magazine)

2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp red-wine vinegar
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 garlic clove minced
1/4 tsp sugar
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 c cooked brown rice, cooled a little
1 cucumber - peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, & sliced
2 c baby spinach
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved

In a large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, dill, garlic, and sugar.  Season generously with salt and pepper,  Add rice, cucumber, spinach, and tomatoes and toss to combine.

For grilled chicken I combine olive oil and Montreal Steak seasoning in a gallon sized zip lock bag.  I then add about 6-7 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and toss.  Then I just pop them on the grill!  
I am still working on getting the grill marks to look neat, but I never think about it until it's too late.  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment